3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In San Jose, CA
”In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” - Henry Rollins. If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to swing open and clean out the cobwebs to get your home in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in San Jose to give your home a fresh start.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is a great time to make sure your home’s systems are running properly for the summer. Homeowners in San Jose should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by changing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Many HVAC companies will do this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your family and home safe. Replace the batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Repair the caulking as needed. Put in window treatments, like plantation shutters, to enhance the energy efficiency of your windows. Open each window to check that they can move freely.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really sparkle, give it a deep clean. First, declutter your rooms to open up the area. Next, clean areas you don’t scrub regularly including ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Shine up your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Move your furniture to clean the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your screens and windows to get rid of smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’ve cleaned your house, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The simplest way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. You can give your room a whole new feel by rearranging your furniture. Or try shopping your home. This means you switch out the furniture and accessories you own between rooms. Add more color with fresh paint, colorful accent pillows, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a new look, then check out our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve picked the style and color scheme you want, you can bring in furniture, artwork, and accessories.
Window treatments are an easy item to update that coordinates with your current décor and freshens up your home. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Find More Design Tips
If you are looking for even more ideas for inspiration, explore our design tips. And when you find a look and window treatment that you want, call us at 916-542-1305 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our experts will walk you through picking the right window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.